Hello Y’all! I hope that all of you are having a wonderful holiday so far! It feels so much like Christmas now. If you didn’t know, I live in Texas, and it can be so hot here sometimes. Right now though, it is cold, and we just love it. It makes it feel much more like Christmas.
So the best thing happened to me and this blog. I was nominated for the Liebster Award!! It is such an amazing feeling to know that the content that is being created on here is appreciated by other bloggers.
I did get nominated twice! I debated whether to do two seperate posts or just one. I am still not sure how to go about this, but I am going to link both of the nominators blogs on this one post.
What Is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an acknowledgment given to bloggers by bloggers to help network for each other and connect with the blogging community. It helps new bloggers get recognized, allows others to find new blogs to follow, and supports the talent and creativity that goes into blogging!
This is one of the reasons I absolutely love the blogging community. Most bloggers are so supportive of one another, and believe me that is so encouraging. There have been a few times where I have just wanted to quit, but awards like these, making new connections, and just the encouragement of this community is what keeps me going with this.
I want to give a huge thank you to both,
The Break of Dawns and Cherishing Flo for the nominations! It means so much that both of you would even think about my blog when coming up with your nominees. Thanks so much! Go check out the blog posts I linked, and the other content they write about.
Here is what they are all about…
A travel and lifestyle blog with truly amazing pictures. Charli has blog posts that are both motivating and will make you want to jump in your car and travel somewhere amazing. She is currently right in the middle of her Christmas posts which I am loving because who doesn’t love the holiday season.
A lifestyle and personal blog with amazing content about relationships and living life to the fullest. Her posts are both motivating and can make anyone realize there is so much to be thankful for in our lives. I loved reading her morning routine, that was one of my favorites!
Questions From The Break Of Dawns
1. What brought you into the blogging world?
I originally started blogging for a business, but quickly realized I would much rather write about life and motivation.
2. What 3 places are on your travel bucket-list?
Canada, UK, and the Carribean Islands. Although I am not too thrilled about taking a flight.
3. Who or what inspires and motivates you the most?
My family, specifically my husband and children, they are what drive me everyday to do what I do.
4. What’s your favorite thing to binge-eat?
Pizza!! My favorite is Pizza Hut, either a cheese pizza or supreme with extra cheese please.
5. If you could have any pet of any sort, what would it be and why?
I am not adventerous enough to think big on this question. I would much rather have a dog, a German Shepard specifically. Right now we have a chihuahua.
6. What’s your biggest fear in life?
Losing one of my kids. To me, everything else is reversible somehow, but I don’t think I could bounce back from this.
7. If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere what 3 things could you not live without?
I am not one to need things that aren’t essential to life. So I would choose water, a lighter, and a gun. With these three things I would be unstoppable and make it home.
8. If you could have any job, what would it be?
An investor, I love the idea of making money while I sleep.
9. Are you a morning or a night person?
Right now, I am a morning person. My spouse would beg to differ, but I wake up at the latest 8 am, even on weekends! And with coffee, I am golden.
10. If you could go back to any point in time in history, what era would you go to?
I have always been fascinated by the 1940s and 1950s. I love how life seemed much more simple and less connected to technology.
11. What’s your favorite TV series?
I am a big Walking Dead fan. I have been watching faithfully since the show began. And OMG the mid-season finale!! If you are a fan too, you know what I am talking about.
12. Where or what is something you think that everyone should go or do at least once in their lifetime?
Not follow the rules. Just because something is socially unacceptable doesn’t mean it is the wrong thing. Do what makes you happy. We only live once.
Questions From Cherishing Flo
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
The blogging community is my favorite thing about blogging. I feel like some of them are my friends and the connections I have made have been amazing.
2. Will you be participating in blogmas? Why or why not?
No, unfortunately I will not be participating this year. I am shooting for next year. Find out what I will be doing instead of Blogmas here.
3. What’s your dream job?
I guess I have a couple of dream jobs. I would love to be an entrepeneur because I love how flexible it can be as far as a schedule. But..if that doesn’t work out then my degree is in technology, so I want to work towards becoming a software engineer.
4. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Denver, Colorado. It has the best of both worlds. The mountains and the city.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
Attending Midnight Mass with my family, followed by bunuelos and hot chocolate. Bunuelos are a mexican tradition. It is basically a fried, flour tortilla covered in cinnamon and sugar.
6. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mom. She was the most positive person. No matter how rough life was, she never stopped smiling and was never angry or hated anyone. I strive to be more like her everyday.
7. What’s your favorite beverage?
Currently it is hot chocolate.
8. What is your spirit animal?
Not sure. Probably a momma bear. I am pretty chill unless you mess with my cubs.
9. Would you ever choose to pursue blogging as a career?
Sure! I am working towards that, but I also feel like I need a 9-5 too. I have 6 kids to support.
10. Who is your favorite singer?
I love Mariah Carey.
11. What are you most excited about right now?
The New Year! 2018 should be amazing!!
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I avoid crowded places.
- I actually enjoy cleaning and organizing.
- I love to go randomly and check out library books.
- I am very moody when I am hungry. Aren’t we all?
- I believe being positive about everything will get you far.
- I smile always, sometimes too much!
- I never tell my age, to anyone! Unless they ask.
- I love taking naps regularly.
- I enjoy watching movies involving true events.
- I love to dance.
- I am above average in math and it is my favorite subject.
This was tough because there are so many amazing bloggers out there, but here they are..
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog by including in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image on your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (Or however many they posted for you!)
4.Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 to11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
Questions For My Nominees
- 1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- 2. When do you feel most motivated to write?
- 3. What are your favorite things to do when you have time?
- 4. What is your favorite holiday?
- 5. Where would you love to travel to?
- 6. Do you want to blog full time or is it just a hobby?
- 7. Who motivates and inspires you the most?
- 8. What is your favorite movie, tv show, or book?
- 9. Favorite food?
- 10. Favorite drink?
- 11. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years from now?
Hope you enjoyed this. Do check out my nominees and my nominators. They are amazing bloggers and each and everyone of them deserve this.
Just a quick life update, if you are interested!
December is such a busy month for me, due to the holidays and two birthdays, which is why I have been working so much and kind of neglecting this blog. I am so sorry about that. I will do the best I can this month with posts, but stick around for the New Year! It should be amazing, and I should get back to a more normal blog posting schedule.
Until next time friends, take care!
Let’s Be Friends On Social Media Too!!
- ?claim=8vbv7rnwwv9″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin